Because of the earthquake and the nuclear disaster, since the 15th we have evacuated to my parents home in Minakami, Gunma.
After many long discussions, we have come to a decision.
We have decided to move our family here permanently, though the option of Australia was open to us...
We were only renting the house in Tochigi, but we would have had to repair it at our own expense.The bathroom neede to be completely rebuilt. The roof, the back wall, the kiln, all needed to be rebuilt.
Many discussions at my parents home have led them to offer us a small block of land here. If we are to rebuild, then it is better if what we build should belong to us.
We have very limited funds, and so we have accepted their offer. Firstly we shall build the studio and kiln, then later, when things are more stable, we plan to build our own home.
For a while (a LONG while) we will stay with my family, and the children can start the new school year here.
I have resigned from my job.
It has been a sudden decision, and we apologise if it inconveniences anybody.
We are very grateful for the tremendous help from friends, family and neighbours. We thank you from the heart.
Leaving the place where our children were born and raised, leaving the home where we have so many friends, leaving the pottery town of Mashiko. it is with great sadness, but with hope, that we have chosen to make a new start in Minakami.
In hope of moving forward...
We hope you understand.
We will continue to do our best, and hope for your support.